Let’s tell all the right people about what you are doing. Call me.
Dead Vinyl Society
Dead Vinyl Society celebrates vinyl culture by hosting fun events for record collectors, selectors, diggers and deejays. This includes the Bring Out Your Dead swap and sale socials, and shows like the Super Mega Records Garage Sale, featuring local DJs and artists. We provide community-based opportunities for vinyl enthusiasts to share their passion for 33s, 45s, 78s and more.
Visit the Dead Vinyl Society website for more information.
Dead Vinyl Society is cofounded by Yuri Wuensch, Angèle Karosi and Jason Sather.
Catch the Beat
I am currently a cohost on Catch the Beat on CJSR FM 88.5 in Edmonton and online at cjsr.com. Catch the Beat is one of North America's longest running electronic radio programs. We are focused on a variety of electronic styles, ranging from disco to downtempo and house to techno.
Vote Zombie Wall!
Vote Zombie Wall! was a public education campaign focused on sustainable urban development that ran in conjunction with Edmonton’s 2013 municipal election. Vote Zombie Wall! called for the construction of a zombie-proof perimeter wall around Edmonton to protect the city from the looming undead threat. Using a fun and engaging motif, the campaign succeeded in helping make “smart growth” part of Edmonton’s election conversation.
· Received two Awards of Merit from the International Association of Business Communicators Edmonton Chapter’s 2014 Capital Awards (Marketing and Advertising Campaign, and One-time Tactic for entry of “Citizen Zombie” into municipal election race).
· The Citizen Zombie media event in front of Edmonton City Hall on the election nomination deadline day achieved national coverage.
· Obtained sponsorship from Spacing Edmonton for Vote Zombie Wall! launch event.
· Participated in CBC Edmonton News online live chat “All About Sprawl”.
· Participated in Making Edmonton's Election a Referendum on Sustainability and the Good City panel co-hosted by the University of Alberta’s Department of Political Science, Political Science Undergraduate Association, Political Science Graduate Student Association and SustainSU.
· Nominated in 2013 Emerald Awards (Alberta’s environmental awards); nominee for 2014 Canadian Public Relations Society Award of Excellence; and finalist in the Yeggies (Edmonton’s social media awards) for Best in Public Service.
· Based on Vote Zombie Wall! and past work at the Leduc Representative newspaper, invited to write feature for Avenue on the City of Edmonton’s proposed annexation of lands from Leduc County. “Annex This!” appeared in the October 2014 edition of the magazine.